8.08.2010

Fun Week

We had a fun week together. I love when Brett wants to take us golfing with him every once in a while. Avery and I walked the course with him. Avery was funny. Every time he hit the ball she would say "I see it, I see it" and after he would make it she would say "yeah dad." She had fun going golfing with her dad. It was hot but she still had fun!
Then this weekend we went on an elder's quorum camp out with our ward. it wasn't very far away at all but it was fun to go camping again. We also got to fish for the first time this summer. Brett caught 11 bass. I only got to cast a few times because I was trying to watch Avery so she didn't fall in the water and it seemed like every time I did cast I caught seaweed anyways, but Brett let me reel in one of the fish he caught. I guess I am just not that great of a fisher.

Brett's first fish he caught. We went fishing in the evening and then in the morning again. Brett got eaten alive by mosquitoes (24 bites). Luckily I only got a few and Avery didn't get any.
Brett taught Avery how to fish. She liked holding the pole and reeling in the line. When he would catch a fish though, she only liked it from a distance. It would scare her when they would flop around a lot.
I love these pictures! Brett is so good with his little girl!


What a Hunk!
They also had a charity fundraiser thing in the park in Rexburg this weekend to help raise money for Rett Syndrome. We didn't really know a lot about it but I guess it is a disorder of the nervous system that leads to developmental reversals, especially in the areas of expressive language and hand use. They had posters up about it and it also mainly affects girls. They had a silent action, 3 on 3 volleyball tournament, and a dinner to raise money. They also just had all these inflatable jumping things to play on so we took Avery and she loved it! She probably would have jumped in there all day but I got tired. :)


2 comments:

Megan Young said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Avery seems like such a cute girl--can't wait to meet her some time!

Nancy Page said...

How much fun!!!
I'm not a good fisher either! :)
Tell Brett that there are some of the best golf courses in Arizona, and he knows that he can beat Greg, so he can come down and golf and win! What would be better than that? And we know of several awesome pools to swim at for free!
Just something to think about! :)