4.18.2011

Long TIme Needed Vacation

We got invited to go St. George with some friends. We had a really great time and I took quite a few pictures so here is a picture overload. It just happened to be perfect timing when we went down because our sister-in-law was having a baby shower the day before we were supposed to be in St. George so we went down a little early so I could go to that and Avery and Trevor had so much fun playing together.
We finally made it to St. George and it was beautiful. It was in the high 60s and 70s while we were there. It was perfect.

Brett and our friend, Andy, went golfing together. They went to a place that had some of the best views there while golfing. Brett said it was way nice. They gave them a golf cart with the 18 hole purchase and it had a gps and range finder in it. Brett loves golfing so I know that they had a good time.



Sucks that he hit it in the sand but at least he got it out on the first try :)
The girls hung by the pool for a little while.
This was Oakley's first time swimming. She was totally content in the water. I think she liked it.


One big thing we had planned while we were down there was to hit up Zion National Park. It was beautiful and the weather was perfect. Avery even got a $17 Zion t-shirt but only because she gets car sick and threw up on the way there and her shirt was a mess.
We rode the shuttle to different hikes throughout the park.

Enjoy some of the pics that we took








I don't if there is a story behind all these people stacking these rocks but it was everywhere at the end on one trail where the narrows starts. It would have been awesome to see the start of the narrows but the water was too high so we weren't able to.
This is the group that we went to St. George with. Thanks so much Andy and Makenna for inviting us!!!
Avery loved to drink from Brett's camelbak.

While we were in St. George we also went to the temple. This is the most white temple I have ever seen. It is beautiful. If I am remembering right it was built in 1877. We are so happy that we were able to go to the temple. It is such a peaceful place and it always makes me feel so good to be in there. Thanks for watching our kids Makenna and Andy!

After we went to the temple we wanted to take the girls back and show them the temple.
I love to see the temple

This was also in the visitors center that they had there. Avery is pointing up and saying Jesus has toes in this picture. It was pretty cute.
And of course Avery loved swimming. She always does.


We also got in a hot date while we were down there :) Andy and Makenna said they were watching our kids and that we were going out so we did. Thanks again! We went to Fiesta Fun and hit at the batting cages.
We hit at the driving range. I got a set of Wilson clubs at the DI there for $5 so Brett is going to help me learn to play so that we can do this together.

We also got in a round of mini golf. I would like to say that I won but I probably didn't since we didn't kept score and I said who ever does better on the last hole wins and Brett just happened to get a hole in one there. But we had a good time together. I love that boy!
These are the condos that we stayed at.


It was so pretty down there and we were sad to have to go.
We also got lucky and on the way home we got to go see our new niece who was just born the day before. She is beautiful. Here name is Emily Love.
Here are the happy parents and an Oakley- Emily comparison. Oakley is huge and they grow so fast.... that is all I have to say. We are so glad that we got to see the baby and spend some time with Ryan and Rachel since they will be moving to Alaska soon and we will not get to see them as often.

We are so happy that we got to go on this vacation. Now we are back home and it is time to get back to work and school :)

2 comments:

Celeste said...

YES! I am the first one to comment suckers! I love all the pictures! Oakley and Avery are growing up! St. George is beautiful! The weather looks amazing. You guys should come visit us in Colorado! I love you! and like you lots and lots! (PS whenever I look at your website I have to turn off my sound :)

Ryan and Rachel said...

We loved having you guys visit. Your timing was just amazingly right! I will have to cherish our little one everyday, because the way she's eating she may catch up to Oakley!!!